Saturday, November 7, 2015

Monster High - Original Favorites Frankie Stein Review

It's been a while since I've posted a doll review. I've been super busy!
Okay, that's a lie. I've been binge watching a certain anime series that I just can't get enough of, lol.
Anyway, my birthday recently passed and all three of my sisters bought me dolls this year. One each, so I have three new dolls to review! Today I have photos of Original Favorites Frankie Stein. A re-release of her first wave basic doll.

My little sister bought her for $15 at Wal-Mart.

I used to own the actual Wave 1 Basic Frankie but when my dog was a puppy she ate Frankie's shoes. Then I tried (and failed) curling her hair. Then I tried (and failed) repainting her face. She ended up a mess so I threw her away, but I kept her clothes and accessories. Nowadays I'm not so careless with my dolls. I haven't curled any doll's hair or tried to repaint since then and I probably won't ever again. It's not my thing.


Front of the box.

The boxes do not come with bows! It's there because this doll was a present. (:




Side of the box.

Back of the box.


Back of the box art close-up.


Don't forget your doll stand!

Doll stand.

Box art behind the doll.


These hearts were at the bottom of the box underneath the doll's feet.







Her hair feels a little thin. It's probably shorter than the original too.


She's missing the black ribbon underneath her dress that's supposed to prevent her dress from rising up. The original first wave dress had one.

Earrings!
The chains on the earrings were painted silver on the original.

Belt.

Bracelet.
The middle ring was painted blue on the original.

Shoes!
These are my favourite shoes from all of Frankie's dolls. I'm so happy to have them in my possession once again.

Knee problems.
Unfortunately, my doll has a problem with one of her knees. Whenever I try to bend it it feels like it's going to break off or pop out.


She doesn't stand quite right because of her knee problem. This is as good as I can get her legs to come together. I'll be using this doll for my stop-motions so hopefully this doesn't make her too difficult to work with.

I love Wave 1 Basic Frankie. This re-release didn't have too many noticeable differences. At least she's not missing her tie or something.
Thank you little sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment