Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pullip - Alice du Jardin (pink version) Review



I recently bought my first ever Pullip doll from pullipstyle for about $100. I've never spent so much on a doll before, I'm so used to the $20 ~ $30 price tag on Monster High dolls, but I think she was worth it. There was also a mint version of this doll available and originally I was going to buy that one instead, but then I saw this pink version and fell in love. I liked the bangs on this doll better -- the mint one's bangs had more of a straight cut -- and I have a thing for dolls with antique pink hair. The mint one is beautiful too though and if I ever have extra money to spare I'll go buy that one as well. I'll make sure to share photos when I do!
**WARNING! I posted pictures of this doll without her clothes. If a naked doll offends you, please do not scroll down!**



Alice du Jardin!
Close up of her outfit.

Isn't she lovely?
Front and back view

The cuffs come off.

 

Like all Pullip dolls, she has switches in the back of her head that can shift her eyes left and right and switches that can make her blink.

I took off her jumperskirt.

A close up of her dress without the blue jumperskirt.

She has a petticoat underneath her dress and wears white fabric underwear.

Her stockings are uneven. I wonder if it's supposed to be that way...?


I didn't want to take off the bow because I don't know how to tie it back and make it look nice! lol

Body comparison to Monster High Cleo

Foot comparison to MH Cleo. Whoa! Pullip's feet are small!

Pullip's rabbit plushie.

The headband falls off easily.

It's brown, but it's showing up black on my computer. Sorry!

I love everything about her! Her joints are great and I'd love to use her in a stop-motion, but sadly I don't think I'll be able to. Since her head is so big, she falls off the saddle stands that I use for my Monster High dolls during stop-motion. Even sitting down she falls over!
So, now she'll just be a pretty decoration in my room and I'm alright with that. I love her anyway. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment