Saturday, March 21, 2015

Barbie - Barbie Accessories 2015 Review

Hello! I bought a Barbie doll last year and it was the first one I've had since my childhood. It was the Barbie and Midge Life in the Dreamhouse 2-pack. I really only wanted a Midge doll, but the Amazon prices of her by herself was almost the same price as the 2-pack with Barbie. So, I figured I might as well have Barbie too. I bought this set on barbiecollector.com for $25 plus about $10 shipping.

Barbie and Midge Life in the Dreamhouse 2pk.
I love Barbie, but at first her wide-eyed facial expression scared me. Her smile looked strained, as if someone was holding her at gun-point and forcing her to smile-- or else! But now that I've taken pictures of her, it appears she photographs well and her face isn't as scary as it used to be. I have them displayed sitting on top of my books on my bookshelf.

Anyway, this review isn't about Barbie and Midge, but their accessories! I found various Barbie accessories for cheap at Wal-Mart and decided to buy one. They had simple dresses, skirts, shirts, or shoes and bags for ~$2.50 or you could buy a clothing set (that included a full outfit plus a bag and shoes) for ~$5.

I bought a $2.50 bag and shoes set.

Barbie cat-themed accessories.


Bag and shoes.

The accessory pack is labeled what it contains on the upper left-hand corner.


The pack's contents.
The pack came with one bag, two pairs of shoes, one necklace, one bracelet, and one headband. There were other cute sets, but this one stood out to me because it's cat-themed and I love cats. I saw a few dresses that I liked, but I wanted to just buy one pack for now and maybe I'll go back and buy more later.

Bag front.

Bag back.

Bracelet.

Necklace.




Barbie makes being a cat-lady look cool. lol.


Cat-ear headband.

Barbie wearing the cat headband.

The headband is really cute, but it doesn't sit on Barbie's head nicely. There's space at the top between the band and her head. I was afraid that I'd break it if I tried bending it to fit better.

Light pink cat shoes.
Where can I find these my size? LOL.

Barbie wearing cat shoes.

Black flats.

wut.

Unlike the light pink cat heels, the black flats stay on my Barbie's feet at all. Maybe it was meant to fit Barbies with rubber feet (or whatever the click-joint Barbie legs are made out of), but it slides right off my doll's hard plastic feet.

Summer Fairy Kurhn wearing the black flats.
Luckily, I had a doll that needed shoes and these were the perfect size for her! Summer Fairy Kurhn did not come with any shoes at all and these black flats are just what she needed.

Up-close of Kurhn in Barbie's black flats.


Kurhn's feet.

Kurhn's foot vs Barbie's foot.

Kurhn's foot has a lower arch making it possible to wear both flat shoes and heels. While Barbie can only wear high heels.

Barbie rocking her new cat accessories!

For $2.50, yeah this set was totally worth it!
I'm not sure what the official name for these little bags of accessories are called since they only say "Barbie" on them, but if anyone else does let me know please! Thank you!

EDIT (25 March 2015):

Barbie headband on Sunny.

Barbie shoes on Sunny.

I tried Barbie's headband and pink cat shoes on Sunny (J-Doll Sunset Blvd) and they both fit perfectly! Which means the shoes can also fit Pullip since J-Dolls have the same bodies as Pullip dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment