Saturday, January 16, 2016

Barbie - Barbie Fashion and Accessories 2016 Review

Last year I bought a Barbie accessory pack and posted a review. So today I'm going to do something similar except this time I also bought a clothing pack.

Like last time, I don't know the official name of these Barbie accessory/fashion packs. I found them at Wal-Mart recently so I'm pretty sure they're new. I only found a couple of old skirts from last year's release. That's too bad. I actually was hoping to buy one of the dresses since they went for a cheaper price than the fashion packs now.

Not that I don't like the new stuff. (:

Barbie accessory pack and fashion pack.

Music Accessory Pack.

First I'll go over the accessory pack. It cost me exactly $2.44.
There were several different accessory packs available. This one was a music oriented pack. I also saw a pack for baking, one with a pet dog, one with food, and another that had a mirror (I think that one was for make-up? I can't remember).

Tambourine icon.
The accessory packs all had icons up in the corner of one of the items that the pack contained. This may be so the buyer can quickly recognize the theme of the contents.

It's Barbie! (:

The music pack's contents.
Honestly, I only bought this pack for the guitar, but I do like the extra stuff.

Music player.
Except this. I'm not a fan of the music player, lol.
This is because the charm does not stay on. I wish they were permanently attached, but I'd also be fine with the charm not being there at all.

Music player back.
The back side of the music player is hollow.

Tambourine.


Barbie with tambourine.

Headphones.

Headphones on Barbie.
The headphones don't quite reach my Barbie's ears. It's not noticeable when she's looking straight ahead; only when she turns to the side.



When I tilt my Barbie's head to the side it's hard to notice that the headphones don't reach.

Guitar.


There's a handle to help your Barbie hold the guitar's neck up.

Barbie icon.
At the headstock, there's a small Barbie icon.



Back of the guitar.
The back of the guitar is also hollow.

Midge with the guitar.
With much struggle, this is the best that I can get Midge to hold the guitar.


It turns out the handle at the back of the neck was no help at all, lol. If I put my doll's hand through it, she won't look like she has her fingers on the strings. The handle should have been made to the side of the neck instead of the back.

Barbie Fashion Pack.
Moving on to the fashion pack, which I bought for $5, there were three options available. I chose this one simply because the colours appealed to me most. Although, my little sister said it reminds her of a mime outfit.
Pfft, whatever. LOL.

Back of the fashion pack.
On the back, it states that this fashion pack will fit most Barbie dolls. I have a Made to Move Teresa doll on the way from Amazon. Hopefully this fits her since I bought this with her in mind.

The fashion pack contents.
Here's everything that comes in the pack.

Collar necklace.

A pair of heels.
The shoes are made of soft plastic and are easy to put on and take off.



Midge in full outfit.
I'm very satisfied with my purchases. The accessory pack had its problems, but it was only $2.44 so I'll let it slide. They'll make nice props for my videos.

There was nothing I didn't like about the fashion pack and I pretty much got what I expected.

Looking at these, I can't help but wish Monster High and Ever After High would do something similar. I'd rather buy accessories and fashion packs than more dolls and furniture. Especially since all the dolls have such specific styles that I don't like mixing their clothes with different characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment