Saturday, January 2, 2016

Project Mc2 - Bryden Bandweth's Glow Stick Doll Review

Hello and welcome to the new year! (: For Christmas my little sister bought me a Project Mc2 doll! They're a relatively new line of dolls manufactured my MGA to help encourage girls to explore STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics).
I've been curious about them since they were released and I'm so glad to finally have a Project Mc2 doll of my own!

My little sister picked her out for me at Wal-Mart for $20.

Apparently Project Mc2 is a show on Netflix as well.

**WARNING! I posted pictures of this doll without her clothes. If a naked doll offends you, please do not scroll down!**

Front of Bryden's box.
Her name is Bryden Bandweth.
Bandweth, like "bandwidth" in computing. So punny, haha. :'D

Back of Bryden's box.

Don't forget your instructions!
Un-boxing her was difficult. Bryden and her accessories are firmly secured to her box. Be very careful not to accidentally cut her clothes or hair!

Instructions.
Behind the paperboard insert that the doll is tethered to is a pamphlet that lists all the items that are included with the doll. It also contains instructions for the glow stick experiment.

Be sure to look over the list of items! I nearly threw away the glasses Bryden came with.

Bryden's doll stand.
The doll stand she came with works like it should. I read some other reviews stating they thought it was too flimsy but I disagree. Or maybe I'm just lucky and I received a good one? It happens.

The stand's base.

Bryden Bandweth out of the box.

Soooo pretty!

Those eyes! *-*
She has very pretty green inset eyes. But why green? The actress on the box has brown eyes. I wonder if the doll was designed first and then they found an actress to play her character afterwards.

Close-up of her face.

3/4 view.

Pixelated hairclip.
No earrings.

Her ears are not pierced.


I love her crimped brown hair. It's such a unique texture.
I crimp my own hair from time to time. d:
Who cares?
Shut up... ;____;

Bryden from behind.
Bryden's clothes.
Her clothes have a nice feel to them. Feels like quality~
Her layered shirts are attached to eachother, but the shorts and the leggings are separate.

Her belt.
The belt is made with very soft plastic and is easy to remove and put back on.

Her leggings.

Her shoes.


Her ring.
She comes with a lightning bolt shaped ring that can be removed.

Bryden without her ring.
I would leave it on though because otherwise your doll has a hole through her hand. Luckily, the ring stays in place well.

The ring.
The ring itself reminds me of Frankie Stein from Monster High. I know her character doesn't own lighting bolts but I think I have a similar blue ring that belongs to her.


In the process of removing her clothes, I realized that her shirt is kept in place by a tiny plastic tag. I don't want to cut this because if I do her shirt will most likely roll up over time.

Bryden without her clothes.
Without her clothes you can see that her face is of a different skin tone than her body. Although, it's not noticeable enough to be a problem.


Her arms are a little strange. They're sort of flat.


Bryden sitting.
She sits well.


Her leggings must have left some dye marks that look like bad bruises.

Her foot~
Here's some pictures to show you the shape of her foot.


I know it's hard to see but there are molded lines at the bottom of her foot.

From left to right:
Midge, Project Mc2 Bryden, and EAH Cerise Hood.
I grabbed the dolls closest me to do a bit of body comparison. I know I don't usually do this, but I was feeling particularly productive today. Unfortunately, not enough to do some actual comparisons. lol, maybe next time. If that's something anyone would be interested in. (:

The accessories.
Here's everything that comes with the doll (minus the stand) all laid out.

Doll comb.
Bryden comes with a pink comb in the shape of a flask. The Project Mc2 logo is molded onto the bubble at the end of the handle.

Pixelated glasses.


The glasses don't exactly fit onto her face very well. They keep sliding off.


The glow stick.

The glow stick lit up.
I'm not going to to the experiment myself since it requires tonic water and I don't have that. Besides, it already lights up as a pretty blue colour.

Cord and snap lock connectors.
The cord and snap locks are for you to wear the glow stick as a necklace.

Bryden's laptop.



I love that the laptop can swivel around.

Project Mc2 Bryden Bandweth.
I'd love to see this doll line grow. They send a great message to kids, they're pretty, and they're well-made. Recently I saw that another wave of "premium" dolls were released; dolls with more articulation points. The prices are a little bloated on Amazon at the moment, but they're worth keeping an eye on.
I'm especially interested in Adrienne. (: Although, I'm torn because I think I like her first release more but only because she comes with a volcano experiment.

Anyway, I love Bryden. <3 I thank my sister for buying her doll for me this Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment