Thursday, July 3, 2014

Ever After High - Dexter Charming Review

I bought Dexter Charming off of Amazon for ~$55. I feel like an idiot about it though because before I purchased him I kept thinking "What if I spot him for regular price the next time I look?" and that's exactly what happened. I saw him for $21 today! D:<
*&^%$#@!

I didn't want to take the chance that the price would keep going up like Jackson. ): I missed out on Monster High Basic Jackson because I never found him for regular price. I saw him at Justice for $32 back before the store had %40 daily, but I didn't get him because I thought "Ohhh, I could probably find him for normal price". I didn't, and his price just kept climbing.


I took the plastic off the box before I remembered "Oh yeah... I do reviews on my blog. I should probably take pictures of this." lol.

The back of his box.


He does come with a stand, but I like using my saddle stands since they're almost invisible and they aren't as damaging to the clothes.

With glasses.

Without glasses.
I'm a little disappointed that his hair isn't teased up like how it was in the promo pictures and the webisodes.


His crown is attached to his head. 
I'm still deciding whether or not to cut off the unattractive plastic sticking out of his head.



Oooh so muscular~

His scarf is attached to his shirt.


This is the first time I've read the whole booklet that comes with these Ever After High dolls. I've kept all my other ones, but I never got around to reading them. I've wanted Dexter and Raven to go together from the start. When I first saw that Dexter had a crush on Raven, I thought "Yep. I ship this." I know that Cupid has a thing for him, and I feel bad for her, but after reading this I'm completely for Dexter and Raven.

His bag can stand on it's own with some practice.
I wish it opened though.

This doll is great and makes a great addition to my collection and he gets double points for being a male doll. It's hard to find reasonably priced good-looking male dolls so I'm very happy with Dexter! I hope Ever After High keeps up with these great quality dolls and doesn't cheap out later on.

I really want Thronecoming Cupid. <3

1 comment: